Dad had a very rough year last year, but is still hanging in there, and the doctors seem to have gotten his medications adjusted so that he is at least stable. He no longer needs the oxygen machine, because it turns out the problem with his breathing was too much fluid in his system, so on one of his hospital stays, they gave him medicine that made him lose like 2 gallons of excess fluid!! After that, no more breathing troubles, so that was a big relief. He is now on a very tightly restricted fluid intake per day, though, and that can be tough, especially in the warm weather!
Mom had her own adventures in 2013; after finally officially becoming an old lady by turning 65, she was at last able to get medical coverage, and get her knee fixed. It turns out the fix was surgery to install a new knee! She had a bit of a protracted recovery, though, because just when she started to be able to do her exercises and drive again, is when Dad started being in and out of the hospital, and she had to become his full-time caretaker.
All of that is the excuse we've been given for being denied access to our blogging duties. Can you imagine??!!
Well, here it is a brand new year, and we cats have all gotten together to create our Resolutions for the year. Here they all are, complete with the names of the contributing kitties:
- Get better at blocking mom's view of her monitor--she needs to pay more attention to ME! (Nugget)
- Grow some more. I need to block dad's view of the TV (Lil' Miss Fuzz)
- Lose more toys under the furniture. (Bobbie)
- I will get under people's feet more often, so I can scream for attention when I get stepped on. (Tigger)
- Open dad's drapes earlier so he wakes up to pet me! (Nugget)
- Turn on the faucet in the bathroom on my own, so I don't have to wait for hoomans! (Munchkin)
- I, Jigsaw Puzzle, need to get better at learning to steal toys from the others!
- Just sleep and wander around some more. (Patches)
- Find a way to hide the claw trimmer. (Munchkin)
- Step on the "off" switch on mom's computer! (Tigger)
- Perfect the art of begging for hooman food. (Nugget)
- Learn to jump up and open the door lever on the office. (Bobbie and Tigger)
That's a pretty good list, don't you think? We are rather pleased with it. Do you think mom will agree?